Thursday, June 22, 2017

School and Bible Study

Today we had a great opportunity to visit the school where we worked 3 years ago! I was amazed at how many students I recognized and how excited they were to see us. The teachers especially were excited to see us again. :) 

(If you want to read more about the schools in Guatemala, read past posts about my experience 3 years ago.) 

There were a few changes in the classrooms and the grades, but overall it was fantastic to see all the kiddos and teachers again. They still have a huge place in my heart. It makes me want to come teach them again!

We also had an opportunity to attend a Bible Study in the church. I am always blessed through attending church here. Just like all churches in the United States can differ greatly, so it is in Guatemala. I appreciate Los Olivos (the church we attend here) because they are very solid in their mission, vision, and values. They have a strong leadership and committed members. They have faced their own struggles as a church, but they give credit to God for re-building their church.

Today we were studying Revelation 6:1-8. Talk about interesting! I love studying scripture in Spanish because I tend to pay attention to the concepts and words more intentionally. The meaning of Spanish words can also differ and provide deeper meaning. 

I love the fact that there were about 45 people attending this Bible study. It was very well-structured including the context of the book, different interpretations, and the significance of each part of scripture.

I am hoping to post pictures soon! Things here are quite different but quite beautiful. :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment