Thursday, June 22, 2017

Llegue (I Arrived)

I have been in Guatemala for two days now, and it has been great to be here.

I forgot how much I missed the people, the culture, and the city.

This week my friend and I have been resting and I have been adjusting the culture and language.

The youth group we attend when we are here has an anniversary party this weekend, so we have been helping them prepare decorations for that. It has been great to be immersed in a Christian culture in a different city. We put on some Christian music and went to work!

This morning there was an earthquake. It was the first time I have experienced an earthquake. I heard the dishes shaking and felt the ground shifting. It felt a bit like being on a roller coaster. It didn't last very long, but it was a bit scary knowing that there was nothing I could do if things started falling, but praise God that nothing fell (besides the soap in the kitchen) and everyone was safe.

Be praying for our hearts and our minds as we rest. Pray that we would be obedient to God's leading and calling every day even during our days of "rest." A group from the United States is coming on Saturday. Please be praying that God would be preparing hearts of those coming to serve from Heartland and the hearts of the people we will visit.

Thank you for uniting with us in the mission. We appreciate your prayers!




No comments:

Post a Comment