Saturday, June 10, 2017

And We're Off...Soon

"Do you want to go to Guatemala with me?"

Little did I know that this simple question would enhance my life in many marvelous ways! My friend and I first went to Guatemala for 4 months right after college to teach English. Now we are returning for a month to help impact the country for the gospel of Christ by partnering US missions teams and the Guatemalan churches to bring the gospel to the people of Guatemala.

Guatemala is a country on the border of Mexico. It is considered a third world country because of its poverty, but it is filled with wonderful people who have taught me so much about life. They live life very simply there and are strongly dependent on community.

I am excited to return to this amazing place to watch the Lord do amazing works in the Guatemalan people, the teams coming in, and all those serving!

I would love to keep you updated on my short one-month journey. I also covet your prayers. They are incredibly important in accomplishing the Lord's mission.

1 comment:

  1. Go God!
    Go Girl!
    You remain in our prayers!
    Love the Lord you God with all your heart... This verse still makes us remember our time in Guatemala together.
    -Mark & Cathy

    ReplyDelete